A meniscus tear is any small or large tear in the meniscus in your knee joint. The meniscus is actually two pieces of cartilage that act as the shock absorber in your knee to help distribute weight and pressure. There are many different types of meniscus tears that can occur including the following:
- Bucket Handle Meniscus Tear
- Horizontal Meniscus Tear or Cleavage Meniscus Tear
- Longitudinal Meniscus Tear or Vertical Meniscus Tear
- Posterior Horn Tears of Medial Meniscus
- Radial Meniscus Tear
- Flap Meniscus Tear or Oblique Meniscus Tear
Learn more about types of meniscus tears.